New to aquariums 10gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I saw ph out of Wack and I added stress coat by api it reduces ammonia and dechlorinate also on the back it says for 10 gal aquarium use 10ml do I add only as much gallons I replace

I'd dose the whole tank. :) that way it will protect your guppy from the ammonia. It should just convert the ammonia to a different form that's less toxic to fish but still being able to be consumed by the bacteria.

You can if you want.
Because your tap water contains .50ppm ammonia (according to your test) while your cycling I don't see it getting any lower than that. So you need to keep up lots of little water changes instead of large water changes and keep dosing the whole tank with your conditioner. Once your tank is cycled you will need to do 2-3 small water changes a week instead of one large one. With small ones you are only introducing small amounts of ammonia to the tank so your bacteria can process it no problems. Dose that make sense?

Ok one more problem my tank is on floor level and my gravel pump had low suction what can i do to improve the flow

lg310 said:
Are those levels really bad?

The nitrite is high, yes. You would be in the nitrite spike phase of the cycle. Try and keep it under .25ppm to protect your guppy. The amount of nitrite will slowly increase then start to decrease to 0. While this is happening the nitrate will start to rise. When the tank reads 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite 0 and increasing nitrates that means its cycled (there is enough bacteria to process the ammonia your guppy gives off).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom