New to cichlids,two weeks old and sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I witnessed a shop owner repairing decor with super glue, I wonder if that could be a possibility, also as the above suggested water changes and take the decor out and soak it in hot water for a couple hours.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually cyanoacrylate is safe I've never had a problem super gluing moss and such to wood. Fluval has even added it to their line for 7 bucks a tube lol

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a false egg spot, normal on males though occasionally appearing on females. That looks like an albino metriaclima male to me. Probably a Metriaclima estherae.

Probably being that it was still blue. The male kenyis turn yellow around that size. It may have still been too small to say for sure, looks around 2" which is right around the size they turn.

If I get a cave decor with lots of separate holes will that get more floor space for the cichlids or less

It may help by giving them territory and hiding spots but I'm not sure.

In the future you may decide on getting something that looks more natural, with sand and real rocks, so consider that.

Fish person is bang on more hiding spots helps a little with aggression i have lots of hidey holes in my 90 gal but i still want way more rocks to break the middle of the tank up... i have mbuna to and id recommend sand mine love digging holes underneath all the decorations

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441831575033.jpg
    1441831575033.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 59
Thanks i still need more rocks to get a few more hidey places going on but its almost how i want it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used the same glue , its made by seachem, it called flourish glue , a cyanoacrylat adhesive. It's great stuff !!! [emoji622]

Back
Top Bottom