new to gouramis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
miran3773 said:
Both ended up dieing within one day of the other...check our water and we were perfect across the chart. We have a feeling it is from the store that they were purchased from as we havent had luck with their livestock

Did they have any kinda diseases that u could see?

Its been.running for three months, yep it's cycled. No other fish are showing signs of weakness or stress

miran3773 said:
Its been.running for three months, yep it's cycled. No other fish are showing signs of weakness or stress

Coulda just been the fish. Idk if u mentioned it but how did u acclimate them to the tank?

jkdubs2 said:
Coulda just been the fish. Idk if u mentioned it but how did u acclimate them to the tank?

Washed the bags first, then let them sit atop the water for 10 minutes theb let the air out so the woukd slightly submerge in the water for 5 minutes then with a bucket and net, so the Lfs water wouldnt be added to our tank when we added them

So u didn't add any of ur tank water into the fish bag? It was hard to understand what u wrote. I always sit them in the tank for a bit to get temps close then I put the fish in a bucket and slowly add tank water into bucket so they get acclimated to the water of the tank and then I net them out to not let any lfs water get into the tank, whole process takes about 45mins to an hour.. Also gouramis are labyrinth fish so they breath directly from the air so if u don't have direct air access it would be bad for them.

Yep I was aware of that, there is access for them to do that. My belief is still the fish from the store as rest of our fish are from a smaller individually owned store

Back
Top Bottom