New to the freshwater forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have always stayed on the saltwater forums. But I do have a 125 predator tank. Looking through most of the posts, there aren't many people who have something like it.

1 clown knife
2 spotted gar
1 hybrid catfish

What do u think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120625_015716.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120625_015716.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 295
  • ForumRunner_20120625_015742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120625_015742.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 281
There are plenty of people with monster tanks here. Your tank looks slightly bare. Everyone playing nice in there?

It's a cool looking tank, thanks for sharing. The gar really need a bigger tank because of their eventual size but you probably know that already so I won't dwell on that aspect.

I'd like to do a really large predator type tank with just a single or a couple of big fish.

Jeta jockey- as far the gar go. . U are right . . They grow from 2 to 3 feet. They are about 20 in now.

Emerald 76- between the 4 of them they eat 400 feeder fish a week.

200 gallon reef said:
Jeta jockey- as far the gar go. . U are right . . They grow from 2 to 3 feet. They are about 20 in now.

Emerald 76- between the 4 of them they eat 400 feeder fish a week.

Bloody hell, your LFS must love you, or do you breed to feed?

I buy them from my local petsmart. I tried to go through a lfs but they couldnt keep up. It cost around 35.00 a week to feed them. Unfortunately, breeding them is not easy. . . They produce a significant amount of ammonia. I never wanted to put the money into a large filtration system just for feeders.

Also, I don't have a great deal of room for another tank, I have a 200 gallon reef, 54 gallon reef, and a 125 fresh.

200 gallon reef said:
I buy them from my local petsmart. I tried to go through a lfs but they couldnt keep up. It cost around 35.00 a week to feed them. Unfortunately, breeding them is not easy. . . They produce a significant amount of ammonia. I never wanted to put the money into a large filtration system just for feeders.

Also, I don't have a great deal of room for another tank, I have a 200 gallon reef, 54 gallon reef, and a 125 fresh.

Just set up a twenty and grab some endlers livebearers, toss in some plants, add filter and heater, cycle, and call it a day
But they would be too small I'm assuming
Edit- or some convicts

I have tried in the past. The clown knife is nocturnal so I tried day and night for pellets and it didnt take.

I well honest with u, the live fish is much more fun.

200 gallon reef said:
I have tried in the past. The clown knife is nocturnal so I tried day and night for pellets and it didnt take.

I well honest with u, the live fish is much more fun.

If so we demand feeding time vids

I read somewhere that its not worth breeding for large predators. Cheaper to buy the food source. How often are you feeding them?

Back
Top Bottom