New to the Saltwater community!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone. I've been a member of AA for a while and have 5 freshwater tanks at home. I love freshwater but i've lost the challenge for it and i want to start a saltwater aquarium. I'm thinking a nano tank, at least 10-20 gals. I have read up on the articles and i need YOUR opinion on good small fish that will go together. I'm planning on having live rock with maybe some live coral. Please just give me the hints and different ways i can start this off. I dont plan on actually having a tank for about a month or two, or maybe sooner. It depends on when some money rolls in...lol. I'm up for anything, and let me know it all. Thanks!

-mike-

Welcome to the salty side of things. I recommend that you look into a 29gal to start with. As I am sure you know, the bigger the tank the more stable the water parameters become. This is important in SW tanks. However, I would encourage you to look at starting a bit bigger because you will automatically widen the variety and number of fish you can have. I have heard far too many stories of people starting SW tanks only to be left with wanting more in just a few short weeks. The start up cost between a 20gal and a 29gal (or 38gal :lol: ) are minimal but what you can do with the tank reaches far beyond that...just my two cents.

thanks lando, yeah i'm searching through the house for a spot to put a nice tank. My aunt has an empty 40gal with a stand she has on hold for me for FREE...freebies are great. As i was saying, i prefer a good 100+ tank but thats for my own house in the future...lol. Like i said it will be awhile still before i actually start moving along with everything but every two cents is a great help!

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom