new yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arenas2890

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just purchased a yellow tang and I acclimated him about three hours ago and the tang is just staying at the bottom of the tank is swims around occasionly but ends up going back to the same spot. Is this normal tang behavior during acclimated? I also put in some mysis shrimp and the tang did eat a lot of it also have two damsels and the tank is a 75 gallon tank

It could just be acting strange due to the move. Just food for thought...Yellow Tangs need lots of space to swim and its usually suggested that they be housed in a six foot tank. Smaller tanks stress fish out and stress lowers immunity. That often leads to things like Ich, especially with Tangs. They also like established tanks, as they like to graze on algae. I saw a post saying you had just filled your tank a month ago.

Yup, I set it up about a month ago, every thing seems well. the damsels are doing fine they are bright blue so that tells me they are not stressed. The tang swims around and is bright yellow, except this morning before I left for work I turned the light on and noticed he had a brown spot with a white line across his body not sure what tht means

Yup, I set it up about a month ago, every thing seems well. the damsels are doing fine they are bright blue so that tells me they are not stressed. The tang swims around and is bright yellow, except this morning before I left for work I turned the light on and noticed he had a brown spot with a white line across his body not sure what tht means

Ah but damsels are like living rocks! Those things are harder to kill than Kenya trees!

Oh, I didn't know that about the damsels, but today I bought some seaweed for the tang and when I put it in their the tang started to eat it, so I'm assuming he is ok, and he is starting to swim around the tank more by the way I used spring water when I started my tank

Back
Top Bottom