Newbie Guppies tank - Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

esteves86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. I'm a newbie to this forum.

And recently I bought a new tank for my guppies and RCS but seems like all of them not healthy even though we treated the water and feed them. Few of them were dead included the guppies and RCS fry.

Please advise what should I do.. kinda sad coz the fishes keep dying.

IMG_4353.JPGIMG_4387.JPGIMG_4364.JPGIMG_4391.JPG

Have you read about fishless or fish-in cycling? That might be a good place to start if you haven't.

Did you cycle the new tank before you transferred the fish? did you acclimate your fish when you transferred them?

Did you cycle the new tank before you transferred the fish? did you acclimate your fish when you transferred them?

We did cycle the water out of the tank and in the tank too. Not sure why the death numbers rise..

What do you mean you cycled the water outside the tank? I'm new too and my mistake was that I did not cycle the tank. If you search it you will find very detailed articles on it. To put in simple terms though. You need to let the tank "run" for at least a month before adding fish.

Oh, and I would suggest a 50% water change. I have not lost any more guppies yet since doing water changes.

Back
Top Bottom