Newbie here to this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all! My name is Melissa and I am from Holland Ma. I have been fish keeping for over 32 years now! I had my first fish tank at age 6 and kept guppies to start. By age 10 I had several 10 gallon fish tanks in my room with all kinds of fish. As an adult in the last 10 years I have bread many varieties of shrimp, cray fish, N class Endlers live bearers, guppies, xhiphophorus platies, variatus platies, and expiramented with lyretail guppies and endlers crosses and produced some gorgeous fish! I have kept Japanese koi (from Nigata Japan and Hawaii , kodama koi) and pond comments for my water garden too. I enjoy fish keeping and it has brought me a lot of peace and serenity through the years!
Currently because of my small kids I have given up the breeding hobby and hope some day to get back into it. But right now all I have going is a 55 gallon fresh water community tank. Which is all I can properly manage at this point in time. I'm looking to add a few more fish to my tank but right now I have Red eye tetras, neon tetras, xhiphophorus platies, clown loaches, green platies, sterbai cory, large algae shrimp, nerite snails and 1 lonesome chocolate poso snail. :).
I love to have pets. Throughout my life I have kept and bread tropical birds. I love Labs. I have had two Labs, 3 rescued and retired greyhounds, have had rodents, tortoises, box turtles, and all kinds of small critters.
I love photography, the great outdoors, camping, canoeing, kayaking , fishing, cooking, (I'm a foodie, guilty as charged), and my family! ;)

Back
Top Bottom