Newbie in need of help! New tank, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will keep going I just can't believe nothing is happening still.

Thanks for the advice

There's also a pretty good bio load in there which contribute to the pro longed bb buildup. You'll get there! Stay positive:)

It's doing okay. Still no sign of anything happening but still doing the water changes

Sorry brookster123 I never got a notification about your second comment. I'm finally seeing some nitrites. Just tested water and nitrites is at 0.25

:D

Sorry brookster123 I never got a notification about your second comment. I'm finally seeing some nitrites. Just tested water and nitrites is at 0.25 :D
no worries, I am just fully invested in your tank at this point so forgive me for the wayward tank status posts. Just to be clear NI-trites or trates?

Nitrites
No nitrates yet but I'm just so glad I'm finally seeing nitrites I feel like I've waited forever

It has been a long road huh? I wish I could just pop over with some of my established media and plop it in your tank ! So nitrites huh? Hopefully we'll be seeing some trates very soon and you'll be on the weekly wc schedule like the rest here;)

I really hope so haha. It's been a long time coming. Glad it's starting to pay off though

Cool! Now that nitrites are showing it shouldnt take too long to balance out with nitrates and you will be fully cycled.
Just a heads up tho expect hicups during the first few months where you will randomly get ammonia or show nitrites but they are usualy solved with a water change after your cycled.

Yes it is! Once its stabil for a while the hicups go away then you just have your water changes and enjoying your fish with out the stress of the cycle

It's going absolutely fine as far as I can tell. I'm in London for a few days but I've got someone watching the tank while I'm away

Great! I would love to see London but I am afraid to fly lol so its not likely to happen. Plus I am a poor country girl so would not have the money for that kind of trip.

Back
Top Bottom