Newbie in need of help! New tank, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been doing a 50% water change every day anyway. Will do another now and put extra water conditioner in. Hopefully it helps :/
Even if your ammonia is slightly elevated it will stress the lil gupsters, I lost a couple in my first cycle :( throw some fresh water in there for them, if your conditioner binds ammonia than they should respond..

I def had a few days where I would do 2-3 wc's to knock down levels, I would just guilt myself into filling up the buckets again..

Still no nitrites showing. Ammonia still basically just above 0

Good good! So you have not seen any nitrites yet? I'm about to do a speed cycle myself, switching from a 10 to a 20gal, I'm hoping I can do it in 2-3 days:)

Should I start to decrease the amount of water I'm changing yet or keep waiting?

Should I start to decrease the amount of water I'm changing yet or keep waiting?

No. Not yet. Doesn't seem to be anything happening to be honest

No. Not yet. Doesn't seem to be anything happening to be honest
Patience is key, cycling can take up to 2 months on a tank your size, you have to keep up with the wc's to keep the ammo at tolerable levels for your fish, elevated levels can result in long term gill damage.

It's been about a month and half now I think. So should be soon

Been doing a 30% / 40% ever day for god knows how long now. Still no nitrites. Still no signs of this cycle and if I leave it even a few hours over 24 hours before doing the water change all the fish start sitting on the bottom. Really starting to make me think something is wrong here. I have done a 40% (ish) water change for more than 2 months

I know you guys said cycling can sometimes take upto 3 months. But surely I should be seeing something by now. It feels like this tank is never gonna cycle and I'm gonna be doing daily water changes forever

Am i being impatient or should I be seeing 'some' action by now. Some nitrites or something?

As of now what is total number of fish in the tank? Have you changed your filter media/pads at all?what are your latest test results?

There are 11 small fish
I haven't changed the filters but I have cleaned then in tank water
Test results are the same as the other day

Back
Top Bottom