Newbie needs a little help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm new to this forum and brackish aquariums, though not to aquariums themselves. I've recently taken an interest in setting up a brackish aquarium but I'm not sure if the fish I've picked are compatible...

I would really like to keep one albino rainbow shark, a few ropefish, and a few tiger pleco. I think the ropefish and pleco will get along, but will the shark attack them?

I've been doing a bit of research on the setup, as well. I'm planning on a 50 gallon tank, at least. As far as temps/PH/salinity, I'm not completely sure... from what I've read they'll all be able to survive in 75 degree water and 7.0 PH?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to AA!

As far as I know, Rainbow sharks and Tiger plecos are Fresh water fish, Not brackish, So I dont think those tank mates are going to work in that setup.

You could try a few mollies or a Dragon goby (Not sure how that would go with the rope fish)

As far as Ph, Most fish can adapt to a wide range of Ph, But Ive heard that ropefish Like Ph ranging from 6.0-7.6. As for the temp, Ive also heard that they like a little warmer water than most Brackish fish, such as 79-86° F.

Hope this Helped

Tyler

Afaik none of those fish are brackish. The albino shark is really a catfish, like most FW "sharks". Actually someone ate all my sharks in my tank the first night.

Back
Top Bottom