newbie question about piranha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Following the train of thought that there are no dumb questions, LOL.....my uncle has offered me an tank with 3 piranha and all the necessities to keep it running. I don't know much about the upkeep of piranha but one thing I just have to ask is how do you clean the tank? Or do you even bother? I also have a 10 gal tank I can use for feeders. I can find out info on how much and how often to feed them on google, but am having some difficulty finding out about cleaning of piranha tanks. As of yet I don't know specifically what type of piranha he would be giving me. :n00b:

get a very very long gravel vac. did i say very very long. i mean looooooooooong. oh and maybe one of those chainmail suit they use for diving with sharks. wouldnt hurt.

I heard pirhana r pack hunters....and are attracted to blood and urine...
so if this is correct, ur not bleeding, and u don't wee in the tank
it'd be alright ey?

hahahaha......chainmail suit, thats what i was thinking.....boy thats a tough one...i would never think of how to clean it when their are fish that can bite my fingers off, ask how people with large oscars clean their tanks....because i know oscars have big teeth as well as pirahna....good luck! :D

Well, I would first ask what size tank they are in, and how big the fish are. That way I think we could make a 'better' decision on what to do. If the piranhas are too big, or you don't like 'em, ask your lfs if they are willing to take them. Then you've got yourself a free tank anyway, and you can stock it the way you want!!! :D

or if you don't like someone you know what to do - stab their hand (or worse ?!) with a knife and hold it in your pirahna tank !! :D :D

OceanMist said:
or if you don't like someone you know what to do - stab their hand (or worse ?!) with a knife and hold it in your pirahna tank !! :D :D

That ain't nice!

Back
Top Bottom