Newbie to Fish Keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NylonFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im a beginner in fish keeping. I just started owning fish yesterday. I have 4 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank.

:)

They poop a lot and a lot will tell you that's a small tank. But welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the community! Psst above post is right, plus hmm 4 goldfish in 10 gallon? Hmm idk what type is it?

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a lot of gold fish for such a small place they produce a lot of waste and will require lots of water changes they need more space

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Goldfish grow very quick and poop a lot. You need to rehome them, if you can not buy a bigger tank and do frequent water changes.

Hi NF,
you have my sympathy. New fish, new hobby, exciting times and we Pxxx on your parade. From bitter experience I'm afraid all the above are right. Goldfish seem the first easy logical step to fish keeping but with just the addition of a heater/stat you can keep smaller fish and greater quantities. I would recommend some of the hardier tetras or rasboras. Goldfish are actually hard work in a small tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi NF,
you have my sympathy. New fish, new hobby, exciting times and we Pxxx on your parade. From bitter experience I'm afraid all the above are right. Goldfish seem the first easy logical step to fish keeping but with just the addition of a heater/stat you can keep smaller fish and greater quantities. I would recommend some of the hardier tetras or rasboras. Goldfish are actually hard work in a small tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What kind of fish for begineers is recommended from you?

:)

If you can find new homes for 3 of the goldies, one would be ok in your 10g. If you rehome all of them and go with tropical fish, (and that includes bettas) you will need to add a small heater and thermometer. I assume you have a filter already.

Back
Top Bottom