Newby here - 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody, my friend finally got me to start a nano tank! He set me up with a 5 gallon tank. 3 live rock and live sand. A heater, filter, and a pump. He's had it at his place for a while, so it's been cycled. I just transferred it to my place and ha everything running for about 2 days now.
The pump actually broke this morning so it's just sitting on top of a rock right now, I need to get a replacement!
What I'm wondering is what would be the best/easiest things to put in for just starting out. I actually would like to avoid fish as much as I can. I have a freshwater with plenty of fish, I think I'd like to stick with coral. Bright and wavy.

Any suggestions ?
Not also on fish/coral
Anything is appreciated!

Attachments

• image-3003409029.jpg
    image-3003409029.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-745086802.jpg
    image-745086802.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 90
Hey everybody, my friend finally got me to start a nano tank! He set me up with a 5 gallon tank. 3 live rock and live sand. A heater, filter, and a pump. He's had it at his place for a while, so it's been cycled. I just transferred it to my place and ha everything running for about 2 days now.
The pump actually broke this morning so it's just sitting on top of a rock right now, I need to get a replacement!
What I'm wondering is what would be the best/easiest things to put in for just starting out. I actually would like to avoid fish as much as I can. I have a freshwater with plenty of fish, I think I'd like to stick with coral. Bright and wavy.

Any suggestions ?
Not also on fish/coral
Anything is appreciated!

What is your lighting?

What type of lights are you ruining?

I definitely want a saltwater reef!
Just not sure what yet. Something that start small and grows pretty well, I love to watch things grow!

And for the people with lighting questions, ill check once I'm home.
Whatever it is its the stock lights. I don't think they were modded at all.

I definitely want a saltwater reef!
Just not sure what yet. Something that start small and grows pretty well, I love to watch things grow!

And for the people with lighting questions, ill check once I'm home.
Whatever it is its the stock lights. I don't think they were modded at all.

You'll need either t5's or the high end LEDs. Are thinking hard corals as well or soft?

The tank is a B5 b series front bow aquarium by Odyssea.

I heard hard corals are a little harder to work with? Not sure if that's true.
Sorry but I don't know any of the names of them lol, but pretty much anything that's colorful and has some movement to it.
My friend has a few mushrooms that are pretty cool and a few that look like trees?

Sorry but I don't know any of the names of them lol, but pretty much anything that's colorful and has some movement to it.
My friend has a few mushrooms that are pretty cool and a few that look like trees?

Hard corals mainly need real high output light... That's the biggest thing with those isvery intense lighting.. Also important is the flow of the water.. Needs to be stronger.. Mainly with sps or small polyp stony corals... Is i were you id stick with the sift corals for now and get good lights.. Also cheaper for the soft corals because less lights and flow... Look at zoanthids, cool and lots of colors and easy to keep... star polyps are cool to,, with long and wavy tentacle looking flower type polyps. Mushrooms.. Lots of colors easy to keep.. Kinda cool looking.. Look those up and see what you think as a start up... You well like these

Hmm...corals are picky. You have to learn that quick. If there is a change of something in your tank, your corals will notice it first. And with suck a small tank. Any change could be terrible! You gotta know what you are looking for besides "color"

Back
Top Bottom