Newly Mixed Saltwater High in Alk and Calcium. What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themangia1984

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just mixed 45 gallons of saltwater using reef crystals. It was mixed to 1.026 at 78 degrees. I tested with a salifert and api alk and calcium test kit and both came up with alk around 13dkh and calcium 500 and mag at 1320. Is this ok to add to the tank or do I need to lower the alk and calcium before adding to the tank. BTW the tank has around 300 gallons of water.

Thanks

I was worried about mine too. I just set up my 150 gallon reef using all RODI and coralife salt and my readings have been about that high as well. Maybe even a bit higher.

I just mixed 45 gallons of saltwater using reef crystals. It was mixed to 1.026 at 78 degrees. I tested with a salifert and api alk and calcium test kit and both came up with alk around 13dkh and calcium 500 and mag at 1320. Is this ok to add to the tank or do I need to lower the alk and calcium before adding to the tank. BTW the tank has around 300 gallons of water.

Thanks

If you mix it next time at 1.025 the other numbers will be a little lower, and there is nothing wrong with 1.025 for a reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom