Nitrogen Cycle Illustrated with Snatoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't agree with much of this. However, I'm working on giving up arguing in fish forums for my new years resolution. Un subing now. This as gone way off topic.
Hey....!! Sorry Bro. I've no intention to hurt you. Obviously you may get success by adopting the Anaerobic System for your aquarium. I'm just sharing my own opinion that's all. [emoji37]

Also, the H2S situation should be of little concern unless you have high concentrations of decomposing organic matter in your tank. Which isn't that common. In nature salt marshes and bogs are places where you get alot of H2S release, which smells of rotten eggs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Yeah! That's true. Without having a high decomposing organic matter, the H2S issue will never bother you. But sometime a group of Firmicutes such as Desulfotomaculum sp., Desulfosporosinus lacus are the classic example of Sulpher Reducing bacteria which can be found naturally in the fresh water. So colonization of such bacteria is very common and could really create a trouble in your aqua-system.

By the way, All the results are lab based. I've never tried any above stated fact in my own aquarium. So please pardon me, if I've unintentionally hurt some one. Let me clear that, if you can get a successful Anaerobic System then I've no problem with that. I'm just only sharing the things I've faced.

Back
Top Bottom