No power on tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
We have no power today. I've picked up a battery powered aerator (hopefully just no power for one day). Does anyone know how long a fully stocked tropical tank can go for with no surface agitation? I've assumed 4 to 6 hours but don't know. I've just realised both of us are working today and will be out (should of tried the aerator on weekend to see what the life is but we also have the pest control coming in another month and I think I will leave tank switched off for that for as long as possible). Many thanks.

We have no power today. I've picked up a battery powered aerator (hopefully just no power for one day). Does anyone know how long a fully stocked tropical tank can go for with no surface agitation? I've assumed 4 to 6 hours but don't know. I've just realised both of us are working today and will be out (should of tried the aerator on weekend to see what the life is but we also have the pest control coming in another month and I think I will leave tank switched off for that for as long as possible). Many thanks.
They'll be fine. I once left my filter off for two days(by accident), no aerator either and they were grand. The heater might be an issue it left off for too long. I guess you might not have that issue in Australia???

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the heater off should be ok as the house is only a bit cooler than the tank at the moment as we go through spring. We went away last year for a week in December and got back to a tank at 35 degrees C (95 F I think). Surprisingly all fish survived but lining up some "fish sitters" next time.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the heater off should be ok as the house is only a bit cooler than the tank at the moment as we go through spring. We went away last year for a week in December and got back to a tank at 35 degrees C (95 F I think). Surprisingly all fish survived but lining up some "fish sitters" next time.
You have the opposite problem to me so, my heaters are almost constantly ON, except for a few weeks in the summer, when we get what you guys would call cool weather, 20-24C!!!

Lol, anything below 10-15C here and there is talk of chilly winter records and research on double glazing...

Lol, anything below 10-15C here and there is talk of chilly winter records and research on double glazing...
Haha....15C is our average summer weather, 0-12C the rest of the year. This summer, paddling pools sold out because we hit the mid twenties:lol:

Back
Top Bottom