noisy overflow - durso standpipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarded

Aquarium Advice Freak
my overflow is really noisy (waterfall, slurping and gurgling). as i did some research, i see that a lot of you folks use a durso standpipe. ok, so i have a couple questions...

first... the overflow box hanging on the outside of my aquarium has two chambers. one chamber is for the output of my u-tube and holds siphon. the water from that chamber spills over a baffle that is only about 4 inches high. the water in the second chamber is only about 3 inches high. my drain line, as most of you already know, is in the second chamber. it seems to me that there is not enough room for a standpipe due to water level. any suggestions or solutions?

next... if i can put a standpipe in there, how will it work? from my understanding, there is a vent at the top of the standpipe to prevent a lock. the water enters the downward pointing elbow and goes up and over, into the drain. is that correct?

Stockman pipe work pretty well, I just put one into my HOB overflow, as the standard durso standpipe doesn't fit into the overflow.

Have you checked out this page?
http://www.dursostandpipes.com/
Look at the "Stockman Hangon Overflow" in the "Popular Modifications" section or if you want to go with a Durso Stand pipe check out the "External Overflow" in the "Popular Modifications" section of the same page.
Hope this helps, Charles

Back
Top Bottom