Not eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonnie89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just moved my cichlids from a 4ft tank to a 6ft it's been 4 days and my fish don't seem to be eating. The food hasn't changed they are on floating pellets, the depth of the water has changed but surely they aren't so lazy that they won't surface for food? I've even squished the pel

Just want to add that their behavior has been normal I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary

vonnie89 said:
Just want to add that their behavior has been normal I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary

Is there a difference in the water parameters between the old and the new tank? Such as ammonia? Nitrites? And pH?

If the water quality is the same and there is no change other than location, it could just be them adjusting to the new situation.

Check the water quality though, that is often a factor in fish not eating. Especially if it is markedly different.

The might still be establishing territorys and such, 4 days without food is not bad for them. Get to a week plus then i would try different types like live foods, peas and things like that

Back
Top Bottom