Not sure if I should add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, new to the forum here. Just been lurking for a couple of weeks.
I set up my new 55G tank and did a fishless cycle. Im not sure if I can add any more types of fish to the tank.
I currently have

8 Zebra Danio
8 Neon Tetra
1 Rainbow Shark
2 Mystery Snail
And some ghost shrimp for a snack when the Rainbow grows.

I did some research on the rainbow and found they can live with the other fish if he has his own area (I hope). So far he set up his own territory and doesnt seem to mind the other fish. Ive only seen him get snippy with one of the snails. I also plan on increasing the Tetras and Danios

My question is are there any other types of fish that would fit in with these? I really like the look of the Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami but dont know if it will fit in.

I would look at loaches and cichlids.

I would think that a brightly-colored gourami would be a target of harassment for your Rainbow. I'm surprised that your Neons are coexisting with it. If you're not married to those Neons, a school of 10-15 Tiger Barbs would fit in nicely.

Thanks for the reply

Im not too attached to them, a couple have died off just because they are from a large lfs.
The Danios should be ok because they are on different levels of the tank right? I like the look of loaches

My rainbow shark never bothered my tiger barbs when i had them. The barbs didn't like the neons though :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could do a bristlenose pleco, they are tough enough to withstand the rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom