Not sure what this is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vague

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417926323.521187.jpg
This came on one of my live rocks I traded for it was in the dark for who knows how long but in the water... Anybody know what it is? It looks pretty trashed.

Destroyed for sure... I'm wondering if it will pull out of it or if I should trash him.

Looks like a cabbage from what I can find

Yeah I know i was just looking for the specific type of leather and that's what it seems to look the closest to.

Dragon.goby
Sorry for whatever reason your 1st post didn't show up right away. Lol I posted my last question and saw ur response pop up as it posted thanks for your help.

That was a piece of it that was kindof hanging on so I cut it off an put it in a hole to see if it would take off from there.

How should I take off the rock? I think I've read that you can't leave it in there if it's dead correct? (I'm a newbie)

If there is any live flesh on a coral, it can recover. I would not remove any coral from the tank unless it has no flesh on it what so ever,.

Ok sooo one more question from the voice of inexperience lol .. How do I know if it still has flesh on it?

Any color, even brown. I can't even identify the coral in the first picture, but you can clearly see color to the left. The right area appears to be white skeleton, not indicative of a leather. I think this may be a chalice of some sort (LPS). If you didn't already kill it, I would wait and see what it becomes.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418016235.686616.jpg
How about this guy? Another one that came in on the rock

I picked this rock because it had a nice neon green mushroom on it... But I don't know what this is

Back
Top Bottom