Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya rainfords is of is guess..but we will still be getting the prawn goby to pair with the shrimp!

needmorecowbell said:
Anything new with the tank? What's the parameters?

I am going to test the perimeters in a sec! So, what levels would be acceptable today if we wanted to transfer? I need to grt workin in making PWC water

needmorecowbell said:
I hope so too! I saw a fox face at an lfs, they are really pretty, can't wait to see one in your tank.

I know i saw one yesterday too! Soo beautiful.

:'( :'( :'( tests arent where i want them. Everything is GREAT except for nitrites! Ammo:0 nitrAtes:10-20 nitrItes: 2-5!!!!:(

Isnt that odd? No ammonia and very little trates but alot of nitrite? I tested twice to be sure

It's not odd at all. My recent cycle trates never went past 20. Nitrites just dropped to zero over 2-3 days

Hondatek said:
It's not odd at all. My recent cycle trates never went past 20. Nitrites just dropped to zero over 2-3 days

So do you think well be good in several days?

Hard to say . I cycled with pure ammo dosing daily . Your doing it different so I would expect a few differences . I would bet when you see your trites start to drop it will only be a few days.

Hondatek said:
Hard to say . I cycled with pure ammo dosing daily . Your doing it different so I would expect a few differences . I would bet when you see your trites start to drop it will only be a few days.

Cool, thanks!:)

Man this is taking a long time. I should have this tank stocked by now!!! Lol, whatever hopefully it cycles this week

Yea it is, but to tell you the truth i am very nervous about transfering the whole tank sooo waiting isnt such a horrible thing... Haha :)

Well we just found our peppermint shrimp dead. No flippin idea why. This is really annoying, first it was the cleaner, now the peppermint.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well we just found our peppermint shrimp dead. No flippin idea why. This is really annoying, first it was the cleaner, now the peppermint.

And both died after we added the pistol...thats my idea!! It was the pistol IMo

How long did you have the shrimps before you added the pistol? I'm sure there would be territory issues with all of them in a 30 gal tank.

needmorecowbell said:
How long did you have the shrimps before you added the pistol? I'm sure there would be territory issues with all of them in a 30 gal tank.

Yeah could be. Added peppermint right at end of cycle, and cleaner same day as frogspawn a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom