Occ Clown Hosting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
So the last couple nights I've noticed my clown at night sleeping/hosting my Hammer.. But she only does this at night, is this normal? And could this be her slowly warming up to it so she can host it during the day?? Any advice to encourage her to host?

I have heard of taping a picture of a clown hosting something on the glass. Really if they want to host they will, if they don't want to they won't. Good luck

I have heard of taping a picture of a clown hosting something on the glass. Really if they want to host they will, if they don't want to they won't. Good luck

Alright thanks, it's at least worth a shot!

Float a plastic colander at the top of your tank. Tie it to your canopy using string so it can't sink. Add in your anemone and clowns. Remove the colander once the clowns start hosting for a day or two.

Mine just started hosting my hammer a month or so ago. One started part time then they both moved in a week later. I would just let them do as they want but that is just me. One of mine now sleeps in it and the other sleeps at the top by a power head like he always did.

Mine has been hosting my hammer for 15 yrs now.
Are you saying you have had a clown for 15 years!?

Float a plastic colander at the top of your tank. Tie it to your canopy using string so it can't sink. Add in your anemone and clowns. Remove the colander once the clowns start hosting for a day or two.

I've heard of this too.. I think I'm going to start with the picture taped up and give it some time to see why happens before messing with pulling the hammer out and using the strainer.. But thanks for the info everyone , hope it works!!

Mine just started hosting my hammer a month or so ago. One started part time then they both moved in a week later. I would just let them do as they want but that is just me. One of mine now sleeps in it and the other sleeps at the top by a power head like he always did.

Does your hammer stay open during the night ?? Mine shrinks way down and the clown is pretty much laying on the hammers base..

Yeah, mine more or less is wedged between the heads.

It's funny my first two clowns didn't host anything. My maroon clown fish immediately hosted my bubble coral. It was pretty cool. Lots of luck.

Back
Top Bottom