Octopus Tank?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoylentGrundy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all!
If anyone ever thought about putting an octopus in a SW tank, there is an interesting article in this month's issue of TFH. I'd never thought about it before and found it to be kinda neat. How many around here ever had them in a tank? Thoughts? Opinions? Informative for anyone who's thought about it before...

From everything Ive ever heard or read they require far too much time and effort to keep than I could manage, although I would sure love to have one.

They do look amazing don't they. But I think I'd scream like a little girl if I was cleaning in the tank and it wrapped my arm! I have no ambitions of having one, but figured I'd let everyone else know if they were interested.

Nitrate said:
I was told they could actually die of boredom. Any truth to that?

Never heard that, but coudl be true? The one we still have at work is so incredibly smart, we can't keep him in the smaller plastic container, we've piled rocks on top, rubber bands, different containers and he always finds a way out. Fed him some clams today and it was interesting to watch him get all excited and rip them open!

Back
Top Bottom