Oh JOY.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blacktetra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I came downstairs one day last week to hear the filter in my 45G bow front tank gurgling. Went in to check it out; no water. Looked on the floor behind the tank and see a puddle. Uh-oh. Go to slide the stand out to see the extent of the puddle and realize it's REAL EASY to move. Then I notice there's only an inch of water in the **** tank. A crack had developed from top to bottom and most of the water leaked out through the floor and down to the basement. On my hardwood floor! Only good thing was I was able to rescue all the fish and put them in the 55 in the other room.
Tank was only 10 years old, nothing fell against it. The plastic brace across the top broke where it joined the back side of the tank; not sure whether before or after the tank cracked. Maybe that caused it.
Has anyone ever had a tank just CRACK?

What brand was the tank? I heard reviews of the Aqueon 45 gallon top bracings cracking for seemingly no reason. That's horrible though. I just had a nightmare last night where I looked at my tank and all my fish were laying on the substrate flopping around and there was water all over the floor.

At least it was you and not me, I guess. Kidding, good thing you saved your fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom