Ok, Decided to go with Otos but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally wouldn't put any Otos in a 5g. They are just 2 sensitive to water quality and small tanks can have problems alot quicker than larger ones. Plus a 5g just isn't enough room for a school of Otos to hang out and swim around. I see you already have 3 in there though.

Definitely don't add anymore. You have too many already IMO. :)

Well, I only have 2 now (i think) but they seem quite happy and the water quality in the tank has remained stable pretty much since the day i set it up, it's heavily planted which helps. So on that front, i'm not too worried about it, but thanks for the input! :) I was more worried about the bioload than anything else, but yeah I figured 3 would be the higher end of what i could get away with. Thanks!

Well, I was only able to get a good shot of 1 of my 2 little guys, but here he is! Looking pretty fat and happy to me!
icon_smile.gif

img_856540_1_df358bfdbdd7d3f76ce0268b9f39b34d.jpg

Ok, sorry it's been a little while since updating, but the Otos are doing great! I never found the third one, but the other 2 are nice and chubby and happy and quite active. they're a load of fun to watch IMO. The Betta is funny with them too...he'll swim up to them when they're on the glass to investigate what they are, and poke them with his nose. He never flares at them or shows any aggression when they swim away. It's like they're playing a game. They eat algae wafers like little fiends, and I think they're finding algae too. I've got some "algae logs" i've grown for them, so i'll try them on those probably this weekend and see how they do :) I haven't decided yet if I want to add another 1 or 2...we'll see :)

I've noticed that one of my otos likes to school up with my six brilliant rasboras, It really is quite entertaining. For a while my SAE was doing it too.
Which one of these is not like the other?

I got three on saturday and lost one of em last night, i think he might have gotten picked on too much b/c he was missing an eye, the rest were fine though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom