OK i am from Chciago 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recintly noteced alot of you guys were also from Chicago can you please tell what are good stores to go to around here the only place I go is living sea`s aquarium and they are pretty expnesive well Thank Jester

I purchased my 90 pounds of LR from Living Sea, but don't really buy anything else locally. I find that even with shipping, you can get much better deals online.

I did buy my fish from Petco, but only because I'm a beginner and wasn't looking for anything too exotic (just clowns & damsels currently). And Petco has decent prices on their low-end fish.

If you're patient and want to get into a reef setup, I would recommend you find other members looking to trade or sell some frags. I did this, and it won't be long before the frags grow big enough to compare to items the local stores sell for 10x. In fact if all continues to go well, I'll be looking to frag and sell/trade some of my stuff in a couple months.

If your looking for show piece quality stuff and are willing to pay for it, I would suggest you look at Scott's Fish Store in the Oakbrook area, or Advanced Aquatics in Schaumburg. I haven't actually purchased from either of these places but their quality appears to be pretty good. Probably on par with Living Sea.

HTH

-Chris

how come i cant post in the illinois forum it say only peeps granted speacil something can post help please I live by sox park

you have to be a member of that usergroup. There should be a link to join the group somewhere in the forum, once you've clicked applied for membership the moderator of that forum will receive an email and approve you at the earliest convenience.

Back
Top Bottom