Ok so i bought a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king_of_biscuit

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok my tank has his own stand and everything and it looks awesome but a very small peace of the bottom glass isnt on the Styrofoam will this cause it to crack??

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of tank? Rimmed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is the tank

Attachments

• 1417005748454.jpg
    1417005748454.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 84
So no rim on the bottom huh? Just the glass panel sitting on the styro? Ps that cat bro...

Haha yea but its a very thick peace of class so im just worried that it will ckrack...

So long as it's evenly supported? Should be fine.. wasn't a rimmed tank that's been derimmed right?

No it wasnt i bought it like this and i hope its eavenly supported ...as u can see in the pic there is a gap in the Styrofoam ...its very small but im just scared ??

My big tank has gaps through the polystyrene. I'm not worried. It's been sat a year, still not broken! One tank just has three little strips supporting the middle area, it's ok. The tank above that is made up from several 2" strips complete with gaps.

Like they say, if it's level, no problem. Just take a look at a Fluval edge!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92891884@N04/10227987086/

Thanks bro it makes me feel alot better and i just saw the corners a little off the poly is it ok?

Prevents base panel cracking. Any particles like sand can crack the glass with the water pressure above.
Not a concern with floating bases but I still support the middle with poly if the tank is big.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom