old angelfish new angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
sooner or later (when I get up the nerve to ask my brother in law for his help), I'll get a new 120 g tank.

so I'm plannin stuff now, and one of the things to plan for is livestock

I have a very large angelfish of indeterminate gender that is about 16 months old.

I would like to have a mini-school of 6 angels in the new tank, 5 new ones and this one old one.

Will the older angelfish beat up or harass a small gang of baby angels? or will the brats pick on the old man?

I had a large angel then introduced 5 small angels. I never had a problem, but I know that they can be antagonistic. To prevent problems, I rearranged the tank and took the big angel out, then put the the small angels in and let them get settled. Then I put the big angel back in and things were fine. The big one thought he was in an entirely different tank. With 120g, they will have plenty of room to hide. I had 6 in a 55g tank (gave 3 away last week) with no problems.

Hard to say.

My big angel killed off his first tank mate (was my fault...had em both in a 10g).

I've since moved him to a 25 and over time added 3 juvies. He likes to flash em, but they only get on his nerves when they're in "his" spot. Otherwise he could care less.

I'd imagine, with a well designed 120g, you shouldnt have a prob with 6 angels. Specially if you take the route jasonit suggests. Just be warned if someone decides its breeding time, all the space in the world may not make a diff LOL

Back
Top Bottom