One more Ecocomplete (substrate) Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquafreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I have introduced "ecocomplete" to my aquarium. After 3 days, the water is still slightly cloudy. I would like to clear it up by doing a 75% water change.

Will this remove all of the good nutrients? It's just the water (with the clouds and dust), not the 'dirt'.

:arrow:

doing a water change should be fine. are you in the middle of your cycle? you could be having a bacterial bloom. i never got cloudy water from my eco-complete, and definitely not for 3 days.

maybe someone wioth more experience can weigh in on the matter...

Nor have I. I expect something else has caused the cloudiness. Go ahead and do the water change. It won't harm the benefits of the substrate at all.

Thank you. Yes, I technically am in the middle of my cycle but I had thought that the bacteria was in the substrate not requiring any more of one....will do that water change then today. :idea:

being in the middle of the cycle, it's probably the normal bacterial bloom, not the Eco complete...at least not directly.
water change is fine. The water eco complete is shipped in isn't nutrient rich, so don't worry that you're removing it with a WC

Back
Top Bottom