Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I've been a little lax on updates as nothing new has really gone into the tank. I did discover the best hiding hitchhiker I've come across yet (and I've had a hh mantis a couple years ago) a couple weeks ago. Now as some of you may know I'm not a big fan of crabs, but even though they don't look it the porcelain crabs are harmless.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395753478.755200.jpg
Last night was only the second time I've seen him, but he was out and about when I left the house this morning (lights were still off, but he was doing his feeding "dance") so hopefully he's getting comfortable because 2 sightings in ~8 months isn't very good :D.

Future plans coral wise are primarily for zoas and rics, but will also pick up a couple different frags of Duncans on Thursday, they were freshly fragged early last week so letting them heal up in his frag tank, and possibly a couple acan frags. I'm kinda toying with the idea of high end z's/p's, and giving myself an excuse to pick up some of the morphs I've always wanted. I've never had the best luck with a lot if the cooler z's but this tank seems zoa friendly, and the small frag of RDEs have tripled in 3 months, I've never had a frag of these last this long without mysteriously melting away in my other systems so fingers crossed, and the scrambled eggs have gone from 1 polyp and a baby to 4 polyps and 2 babies starting to poke out. Now just have to let this polar vortex end........

Here's the current FTS ( don't mind the dirty glass, I was to lazy to clean it :D )
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395754347.650526.jpg

Oh the wrasse is coming, and it's gonna be red too. I've decided on the tanakas Pygmy wrasse. Probably May or June since I'm ordering him off LA, that's assuming the polar vortex is gone by then though.

I hope it's gone by then. I think the tanka is much cooler. I'm heading to NY (family) and Boston for the marathon in three weeks, and being from Florida, the cold isn't my thing.

Maybe a Pygmy wrasse will be going in the 20... Since I have no fish for it anymore.

Picked up some goodies on the way home tonight :D 2 different Duncan morphs and a 2 headed acan
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395961575.334439.jpg
Just started the drip, will post pictures when there in and they open up. And I snapped a quick top down of the z's
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395961894.961676.jpg

Those red ones are for lack of a better word, sexy haha

Yeah they look even better in person, the mouths and skirts are blue in person gets a little drowned out on the phone though. Almost brought home another frag tonight actually but couldn't pass up an acan with 2 heads and a baby for $20

The Zoas are nice! Can't wait to see the new pics.

Thanks Mac, if I can keep these guys happy for the next 3-4 months I plan on rehoming the euphies and turning this into a z/p dominant tank. Always loved zoas but never had great luck with them

I enjoy zoas and Palys as well. If I had to rank them itd be acros, acans, zoas

They got in 3 new acro colonies this week at the lfs I was at and they were gorgeous. If I would of gone in next Thursday it would if been a much more expensive trip. He says he's planning on fragging tonight, so might have to stop back in 2 weeks on the next payday :D

I'm the same way, I love to watch them grow out. I love this lfs because he's got 2 12'x5' tank for his colonies and he makes frags of the different colonies every 4-6 months or so and then grows the mother back out. He's also got 3 9'x3' frag tanks. The place is my paradise honestly, I'll stop in if I'm close just to chat and ogle the goods

Back
Top Bottom