opinion on my set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello people,
i,about three weeks ago set up a 29high tankand want to get some opinions on my set up.ok here goes,it consists of a inch of flourite,then a mix of gravel and flourite.i have a 24 inch ts light set which is 48 watts,a whisper power 3 hang on with filterpad and bio foam in front of the pad,then i have a fluval 305 fill with bio material,its below half on the output power,cause on full it blows the fish around.i have driftwood,some swords,cryptos,a tiger lily,and some moss,im looking to get a few more plants but the tank is pretty full now.so thats my equipment.for fish i have 8 cardinal tetras,10 harlequin rasboras,2otos,5 angels2 anues cats,and a pair of appistogramma orange flash i think that there name.thats it.i need opinions,good or bad.let me know!
thanks a bunch
delfino

you are way over stocked. your cories do best in schools same with the otos. i would get a bigger tank for the 5 angels.

well i fugured some would die off but they havent.i lost one cardinal,thats it.How many cories should iget?otos?other than being "overstocked"what do ya think of the setup it self?

nice, but you are overstocked which means you should take some fish back not get more fish.

get a bigger tank for the angels for sure, their growth has slowed since they have been in there and further slowing will result in permanent size damage and ill health for the fish, basically condemning it to a life of ****. corydoras need atleast 6 I always add 10 when I get them, they do much better in greater numbers.

get pics and we can visually see it, everyone's imagination is totally different and with text thats all we get to visualize.

well peeps,unfortunatley i cant get a bigger tank but i can take some fish to the lfs and get some credit for some other stuff ineed,so im gonna take 3 angels back and leave two in the tankand thats ,that,if things start to get out of control in the tank then ill do something about it,but right now have no time since wifey is 8 months prego and have been catering to her every need and work is killer.thanks for the imput i appreciate it much!!!:p

Oh man i feel you pain my wife is due in April w/ our second child and our 1st is almost 16 months, and i am working on a 55g panted commuinty gonna be a long process lol

id take 3 back, i feel ya, got two that are a year and 12 days apart so yeah the hobby takes a back burner for a bit.

congrats on the new addition.

Back
Top Bottom