Opinions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is the vision I have

37g long reef tank(live rock/sand etc)
175watt metal halide lighting(4.7 watts per gallon)

Hagen power filter
prizm delux skimmer(cheap but I have heard it will do fine as long as you keep the tank under 40 gallons)

fish

1 yellow watchman goby
2 Clown Fish(not sure which ones)
1 Fridmani Pseudochromis
1 Flame Angelfish(once tank is matured)

Inverts

15 turbo snails
10 reg leg hermits
1 queen conch
1 brittle star(will he get nipped at by any of my other inverts?)
1 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp(for the goby)

I would also like to do maybe some different soft and hard corals
A bubble anemone is something i was looking at for my clowns, but im guessing i would need 2(one for each clown)

I already have the tank stand and canopy picked out

Filter and lighting have already been ordered

I would also add one or two powerheads. You want to approach 15x+ water turnover rate for a reef tank and having only one laminar source of movement with your power filter is not the best. The powerheads could be used to direct currents against each other so they flow randomly through the rest of the tank and prevent dead spots.

In such a small tank, I would choose between either the anemones or the corals (save for a few hardy soft corals in an anemone tank....but if the anemones wander in a stocked reef tank you will have problems).

If you go with 2 clowns, stay with one species and preferably some of the smaller varieties (percs, ocellaris, etc.). Clowns of different species will often fight, especially in tanks of smaller size. Enjoy a mated pair and one anemone. Finally, I would pass on the flame in favor of an even smaller Centropyge....Centropyge argi, the cherub angelfish. IMO a 37g is squeezing things a bit too much for a flame.

Thanks hoops, a mated pair with a shared anemone would be amazing. I thought the dwarf flame was small enough but thanks for the heads up! I definatly wont want to crowd these little guys. Also thanks for the powerhead heads up(that sounds weird) thanks again! Other than that everything looks a-ok? on the right track as far as sand sifters and janitors? oh and one more quick question, 4.7 watts per gallon enough to keep maybe a bubbletip anemone?

.....I also dig the look of that angelfish with the brilliant blue and contrasting yellow face. Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom