Ora Derasa Clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

makai2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This guy is new to my 32 gallon tank. He's about 4" and is beautiful. What an amazing addition. I am about 3 months into this new hobby. I don't know why I waited until I was 66 years old to get into this.Image1487695383.973544.jpg

I'm more into freshwater but I like the colours on the clam. Are they always like that? I may swap to saltwater yet! :)

I'm more into freshwater but I like the colours on the clam. Are they always like that? I may swap to saltwater yet! :)

Color is just as you see it under day light. Under blue light the color is even better. A salt water tank is way easier to take care of once you get it cycled. It takes time to get the tank where you want it, but well worth waiting for. You can have all types of corals and the fish possibilities are way better. Good luck.Image1487941600.266272.jpg

I have a nice deresa clam In my 20 as well. It's growing so fast though lol. Thing has doubled in size in 3 months.

Delapool if you think that's pretty check out crocea or maxima clams. They put deresas to shame with their color

I love clams but I found out the hard way my wrasses loved them more .
looks like you got a nice little start on your tank , look forward to seeing it once it starts to fill out ,

Back
Top Bottom