Oranda eggs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So just another quick update :)

The fry will be a month old on monday! I moved them into the big 60 gallon 2 weeks ago and they have made so much progress since then. They now eat frozen brine shrimp and blood worms! A good handful of the fry are noticeably developing their pectoral and anal fins very well! They are getting so big so quickly! But, a lot of the fry have passed away this week and i think i am down to about 100-150 fry (i have culled over the weeks too) . However, I have noticed that they were the smaller babies so i think that it was all natural and i was kind of expecting it. Anyway, i just wanted to say that they seem fine and i would love to hear some feedback from anyone else that is/raising goldfish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412486201.784719.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412486267.846060.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412486288.599007.jpg

Here are two of the larger fry :)

Awesome fish you got there! What do you plan on doing with them when they grow up? I have no room for another tank but I'm sure someone on the forum would love one!

NatureFish
????

I am going to sell them on trade me :) it is a new zealand version of ebay or craigs list kind of :)

Oh cool! Good luck! I wonder what a chocolate oranda and red & white oranda mix will look like?

NatureFish
????

Do you have koi or just goldfish? This is kind of off topic but I would love to see a goldfish-koi hybrid. I think the only way to do it is to hand breed a male koi with the desired female goldfish. You could probably sell those for a lot since they would practically be mini koi.

NatureFish
????

No stores that i know of in NZ sell koi unfortunately. But i do know that there are some small goldfish farms that have some common types i think?

I am really upset that we don't have any butterfly tail goldfish over here. We don't have any of those cool types :/ just veil tails fantails, fantails, veil tail single tales, and single tales.

I too wish there were some butterfly goldfish in my area. You could always order them online though. You'd probably have a better selection online anyway.

NatureFish
????

What size is your tank again? I just got a 29 gal for two ryukins will that be enough?

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom