Orange colored worm - what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayinaung

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had been mucking around in my tank this weekend you can tell. I also bought some corals. And one frag was too big so I broke it in half, and in the rock was an orange colored worm. It had no bristles, and I tried to pull it out with a tweezer but it slinked out of the tweezer and into the other half of the rock.

So I am keeping that frag in a bucket of salt water with the worm in it until I figure out what to do. I could remove all the ZOA polyps and reglue them but that will not only be painful I'm sure I'd lose some of them.

my question is, is it bad for the corals or fishes? I was looking up at the gross marine warm ID photos and none fit this worm. It was long and smooth like an earth worm but bright orange color.

By the way I'm using water dip to get rid of fungus too.

I made the mistake of reading some threads saying you don't need to acclimatize soft corals. duhhh... WRONG! that's how I got fungus on my new frags of zoas. 5 days later, a lot of them had fungus... fresh water dip got the fungus off them. will it stop them? I don't know.

More than likely it was a bristle worm. They are harmless and great janitors. I have many in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom