Oscar tank setup questions/opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwood95503

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting ready to set up a tank for an Oscar. I have settled Oma 72 gallon bowfront but haven't decided on filtration or substrate I am considering either a fluval 405 canister or an aqueon under cabinet wet/dry sump system. I am also open to other ideas as I'm early in the research phase.

Also trying to decide on gravel vs. sand. Comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Substrate.. We started with gravel and switched to sand when we moved our Oscar to his 72 gallon home. Wow! Love the sand much better. Easier to clean the "crap" out and he seems to love playing with the sand better lol.

Whichever is your preference. Don't try to decorate it because he'll change it. Don't use live plants either.

Lol, we decorate every water change with fake plants and shells... Then our Oscar spends the week re-decorating it all lol!!! For some reason he loves the fake plants to float :)

He will move the shells around and then the ones he does not like he buries them under the sand again lol

Decided 72 wasn't big enough. Went with 125 instead. Cycling now.

Back
Top Bottom