Ottos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I had 2 out of my 4 original ones die in the first 7 days of introducing them to my tank. I don't know why they are so sensitive for this time, but it seems like after they get used to your water they are very hardy. I just moved my 2 into my 55g tank and I didn't even drip acclimate them. I was surprised that they didn't skip a beat.

I also love my ottos! I think they're cute lol I currently only have two, in a 10g. Both they're bellies are always round and plump haha I've had them for about a little over 3 weeks.

These two are playing up and down the wall in the bubble current. Very active at the moment.... Up and down and then back across the tank and back then up and down again..

View attachment 72222

Oh ya... Btw meet SCOTCH & OCELLO
Heehee... Appropriately named after sponges that can clean up any mess... ;-)

Can I cook a baby carrot and put in the tank after lights out??
Just watch! My Molly Pigs will discover it and I'll have orange poo all around by morning!

NYgiantsRP said:
Ottos should have a big round belly. If they are slender they need to eat more. They should have a pot belly. Mine liked cucumber. If they are moving around too much you should get a couple more. They should be staying kind of close to each other, and not moving around randomly too much.

I got a cucumber .. Do I cook it or just clean and cut thin and put in tank? Will my mollies eat it?

I put in 3 small slices of cucumber and 3 small slices of zucchini... Boiled to soft in microwave and cooled...
It all sunk to gravel... Mollies checked it out and left it alone.. Will check out in morning to see what Otos have done and remove all uneaten...

maestromad said:
Let us know how it goes I want to start supplementing with cucumber as its easier to get!

Well all 3 pieces of cucumber gone and 2 pieces of zucchini gone.. I saw my mollies munching last night... So I know they ate some... Can't get a good view of the Otos so don't know if they have pooch bellies.
Only one piece left this morning...

I'm going to test water now to see what it's done to my parameters overnight...

Back
Top Bottom