overstocked still?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys so i got rid of alot of my fish in my 29g but im wondering if im still overstocked?
2 striped raphael catfish (4-5")
2 albino corycats (1" each) want to get more if i can not sure how many?
1 flying fox (3-3.5") dont mind if he has to go
3 guppies leaving in less than a month for a turtle tank:hide:

also i was wondering if my betta would tolerate the cats? (both cory and striped) and the fox

noobaquarists said:
hi guys so i got rid of alot of my fish in my 29g but im wondering if im still overstocked?
2 striped raphael catfish (4-5")
2 albino corycats (1" each) want to get more if i can not sure how many?
1 flying fox (3-3.5") dont mind if he has to go
3 guppies leaving in less than a month for a turtle tank:hide:

also i was wondering if my betta would tolerate the cats? (both cory and striped) and the fox

Wow you've done well!!
Just did some quick reading on the catfish and it seem they can get to 10". Your tank is too small for them unfortunately. :( IMO they will be ok if you can get a bigger tank of them soon. I know you don't want to part with them. You have got a lot going on in the bottom of your tank. I would add two more cories for now. I don't know much about the catfish (other than what I just skimmed) but I'd be a little worried about the cories with them.

Wow you've done well!!
Just did some quick reading on the catfish and it seem they can get to 10". Your tank is too small for them unfortunately. :( IMO they will be ok if you can get a bigger tank of them soon. I know you don't want to part with them. You have got a lot going on in the bottom of your tank. I would add two more cories for now. I don't know much about the catfish (other than what I just skimmed) but I'd be a little worried about the cories with them.

the only time my striped raphael's come out of their log decor that they claimed as theirs is at night and they never bother my cory's sleeping in the corner and planning on getting a 155g nxt year for them

noobaquarists said:
the only time my striped raphael's come out of their log decor that they claimed as theirs is at night and they never bother my cory's sleeping in the corner and planning on getting a 155g nxt year for them

Sounds good :)

so 2 more cory's anything else really thinking of finding the fox a home soon and should i sart a new thread for my betta question?
gonna be upgrading to a sand bottom soon as well

noobaquarists said:
so 2 more cory's anything else really thinking of finding the fox a home soon and should i sart a new thread for my betta question?
gonna be upgrading to a sand bottom soon as well

Oh I missed the part on the Betta! He should be fine with those fish. Of course it depends on his personality. If your confident the catfish won't mess with the Cory cats I'd add 4 to make a proper school. IMO you could add a small school of tetra or something if you like.

ive heard that oscars and cory's and larger catfish will coexist peacfully is this true? because i was also thinking of getting a baby albino oscar and transferring him to the 155g when i get it

noobaquarists said:
ive heard that oscars and cory's and larger catfish will coexist peacfully is this true? because i was also thinking of getting a baby albino oscar and transferring him to the 155g when i get it

Maybe with the stripped cats but not the cories. Oscars will eat anything that will fit into their mouths. Even things that only half fit. I wouldn't add an Oscar to the 29. I'd wait until you have the bigger tank. They grow very fast, up to an inch a month, so a 2 inch Oscar will be 8 inches in 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom