Overstocking 55gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I had been overstocking because I constantly see fish on sale and it was hard for me to resist. If I need to return some to a LFS, I was hoping for some suggestions on which I would need to return.

Currently is the stock in my well planted 55g
- 2 kribensis not a pair, but if pair I will place in a 20g long.
- 3 fat tiger barbs
- 2 albino tiger barbs
- 5 Mickey Mouse Platys
- 3 zebra danios
- 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
- 1 2-inch silver tipped shark.
- 3 mysterious snails

For the shark, I am aware that it will grow to 14 inch. I will properly return it to my LFS when it grows to 5-6 inches. I just like it because of its behavior and it's beauty.

Now, I just want to point out that there are no aggression amongst the fishes, I have been watching them for the past few days.

I think I had been overstocking because I constantly see fish on sale and it was hard for me to resist. If I need to return some to a LFS, I was hoping for some suggestions on which I would need to return.

Currently is the stock in my well planted 55g
- 2 kribensis not a pair, but if pair I will place in a 20g long.
- 3 fat tiger barbs
- 2 albino tiger barbs
- 5 Mickey Mouse Platys
- 3 zebra danios
- 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
- 1 2-inch silver tipped shark.
- 3 mysterious snails

For the shark, I am aware that it will grow to 14 inch. I will properly return it to my LFS when it grows to 5-6 inches. I just like it because of its behavior and it's beauty.

Now, I just want to point out that there are no aggression amongst the fishes, I have been watching them for the past few days.
I think you are ok but could be better. This is what I think would be better IMO:
Rehome the kribs and tiger barbs
Add more zebra danios to fill out the school

GodFan said:
I think you are ok but could be better. This is what I think would be better IMO:
Rehome the kribs and tiger barbs
Add more zebra danios to fill out the school

Thanks. How many more should I get? Would the kribs and barbs be ok in a 20l gallon?

Thanks. How many more should I get? Would the kribs and barbs be ok in a 20l gallon?
I honestly dont know about kribs other than they are cichlids. The barbs should be in schools of I think 6 or more. I would sugest you get a few more but it may not be a big deal.

oh yea sorry. The zebras I would recomend at least 3 more but a few more would be great!

I think youll love it! They are playful and theyre mating ritual is cool!

Back
Top Bottom