Oy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtholden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Dealing with my first case of Ich/Ick. Stresssful. I've never consumed so much information about a parasite. On top of that all the varying opinions on any treatment natural and medicinal. Ended up having to just take a pick, and do my best. Working hard to keep these little tikes alive.

Down with fish ich!!!

I have the raised heat in my tropical, but I can't afford another heater in my cold water right now. I've got medicinals in one tank and salt in the other, Trying everything that was suggested in separate tanks to make up my own mind as to what works best. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Well my black moor was awful this morning, just tattered up from the eggs letting go. But I saw that as an opportunity to quarantine him in a separate tank. The other two are in process of having their eggs fall off. This is a battle but I shall win :eek: yes JLK just got approval from our landlord to go ahead with an aquarium of that size. Just need another paycheck and I'll be starting that one up soon, after these gents are healed of course :)

IMO, ich is somewhat overstated... it's not difficult to treat, it takes a while to really start killing fish, and is fairly easy to keep it away if you have good water conditions and QT new fish. overall, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with treatment. good luck! :)

Well my black moor was awful this morning, just tattered up from the eggs letting go. But I saw that as an opportunity to quarantine him in a separate tank. The other two are in process of having their eggs fall off. This is a battle but I shall win :eek: yes JLK just got approval from our landlord to go ahead with an aquarium of that size. Just need another paycheck and I'll be starting that one up soon, after these gents are healed of course :)

Glad to here this!!!! Good luck fighting your ich battle & keep us posted!! :)

Well My gourami passed away, but he was weak since the day I got him. The swordtails look healthy and are doing well. Oswald my Black Moor has gained a lot of energy and the other two golds still have the eggs but seem to be doing well so far with the salt water and are behaving normal for downtrodden fish. Marching on through!

Back
Top Bottom