Painting a room with a tank in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband has recently lost his grandmother an is also an artist. His way of dealing with the loss was to completely repaint out bedroom white. I have to say I had posted pictures of the beautiful mural that was our bedroom in the lounge section a while ago. I am not that sad that he is doing this, I understand that this is his way of dealing with his loss but inhave one big worry. The tank with the one remaining danio that survived our ich outbreak is still in the tank in that room. We have been keeping that room well ventilated but I am worried that a dissolving of the fumes into the water will harm the survivor. I had planned to move it to my sons tank at the end of this week when I would be sure there was no longer any ich infesting the poor fish. Now I am wondering if I should move him now or do a large PWC each day until we are done painting, which could be a long while. So what should I do? Move him now or do PWC's until the end of the week.

I painted my whole house with a fish tank in it, and it was in the winter (in NY) and didn't even have ventilation and all my fish were fine.

Thanks. We are also in NY and so with the weekend weather I was worried. We had to use a primer paint which is very stinky. I won't worry too much I just don't want my line survivor dying.

Two coats over acrylic artists paint later we are ready to add some color. It's the life of an artists wife.

Back
Top Bottom