Paludarium Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M_DonFran

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466316128.298780.jpg

So I made this Paludarium finished it about a week ago and I have no idea what to put in it...fish, reptiles, amphibians....I'm just not sure. Anyways I was hoping you guys could help me out. It's a 40 breeder with about 15 gallons of water and a diy filter. I do have ghost Shrimp in there for now just to entertain myself.

No real help on stocking (with the exception of thinking a m/f pair of pearl gourami would look cool as far as fish go.) but just wanted to say I think it looks great and I'll be following.

Or some ember tetras school of them woild look cool ill be following as well

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys it was my first time building one and it turns out great! I can either start a new thread or put it on this one of how I created it if anyone is interested.

This is pretty amazing looking. Nice job! Anxious to see what will call it home.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Dart Frogs?

They're not the strongest swimmers, but I'm sure they would appreciate the home. That's awesome! Not sure what kind of fish you could keep with them. Maybe neon's or something small/shoaling/not known for nipping fins.

Dart Frogs?

They're not the strongest swimmers, but I'm sure they would appreciate the home. That's awesome! Not sure what kind of fish you could keep with them. Maybe neon's or something small/shoaling/not known for nipping fins.

Darts would do awful in this kinda setup. Not anywhere near enough land and the water is way to deep. If you want an amphibian an arboreal species like REd eye tree frogs would work better. With the lack of much terrestrial room is stick to mostly fish and just plant it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I know dart frogs wont work, they are cool though, maybe I'll do a tank for them next. If I do fish I would like to do a school of small fish rather than one or two fish. I was also entertaining the idea of some sort of newts or firebelly toads. Here is a video of it so you can see the waterfall and the dripping ledge. I have fixed a few spots since the video and picture.

https://youtu.be/6apztokA0k0

So I was thinking of getting a carpeting plant along the bottom or maybe some duckweed for the top, and yes I'm well aware of how duckweed is not everyone's favorite but I have had it before and liked it. Do you guys think it would be too much? Still not sure of fish but I'm leaning towards a small school of tetras (not sure which yet) and maybe something else. All ghost shrimp are still alive and loving the tank! Also might add a DIY fogger too.

Can't comment on what to house, but just wanted to say it looks freaking awesome!

You could look at some variety of freshwater crabs. I was going to buy a variety from Thailand and build a palliation a while ago but started a bigger tank instead and forgot about the project. This thread might inspire me to think starting the project.

Nice tank.

Just to update everyone following I ended up getting 4 fire belly toads. I will post pictures soon. Also I may be making a second Paludarium out of a 55 gallon soon which I will make a video or just take a bunch of pictures on how I make it if anyone wants to learn how to make one!

Please do share that. I am definitely interested in learning how something like that comes together.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys it was my first time building one and it turns out great! I can either start a new thread or put it on this one of how I created it if anyone is interested.
That's an amazing looking paludarium. I'm very interested in learning how you did this I'd like to make one. Great job for your first time! Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom