Panda and Albino Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well...I purchased 6 panda cories yesterda, and sadly 4 of them have passed due to stress. If the remaining 2 stay alive(please oh please stay healthy), I may picked up 2-3 albino cories. Will the albinos(or any other species) school with the panda's?

I have 2 unknown cories(same species though) and one palaetus cory in my dad's 29g and sometimes they stick together and other times not.

black hills tj said:
Well...I purchased 6 panda cories yesterda, and sadly 4 of them have passed due to stress. If the remaining 2 stay alive(please oh please stay healthy), I may picked up 2-3 albino cories. Will the albinos(or any other species) school with the panda's?

I have 2 unknown cories(same species though) and one palaetus cory in my dad's 29g and sometimes they stick together and other times not.

The albinos and pandas will probably not school together. Cories tend to only stick with their own species. What did you do to acclimate the cories? Were they tank raised or wild caught?

eah said:
black hills tj said:

The albinos and pandas will probably not school together. Cories tend to only stick with their own species. What did you do to acclimate the cories? Were they tank raised or wild caught?

Unsure of how they were raised. I acclimated them the same way that my dad and I have been acclimating them for 2 years now. Float the bag for about 15 minutes, add some tank water to the bag, float it for a little bit, then move the fish to the tank and dump the bag of water out.

black hills tj said:
Unsure of how they were raised. I acclimated them the same way that my dad and I have been acclimating them for 2 years now. Float the bag for about 15 minutes, add some tank water to the bag, float it for a little bit, then move the fish to the tank and dump the bag of water out.

I wonder if using the drip method for acclimation would be better if you try again. Also, if there are multiple stores in your area that sell panda cories, it could help to find out if any of them are tank raised.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom