Panda Cory eye protruding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jfran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help? What's this mean? He's been very inactive too.
Image1482183968.896147.jpg

Popeye, bad water conditions, Popeye is treatable I don't know the best med for it though
What's your water paramiters?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Ph
Nitrate
Temp

In that order:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
7.8 pH
Less than 5 ppm nitrate
79 F

More info:
38 gallon tank
400 gph filtering

I haven't had that guy for that long (one week or so) so don't be so hasty to blame my water conditions. I run a tight ship and nobody else has any problems.

Is it worth treating?

Pardon??? Popeye is caused the the majority of the time from bad water conditions.

Popeye in fish is most frequently caused by continual exposure to chronically poor (rather than acutely lethal) water conditions. Popeye is consequently most common in aquariums that are overcrowded or receive infrequent water changes. Not surprisingly, popeye is most often seen in aquariums where messy fish are kept in unhygienic conditions.

I run a tight ship and never had Popeye cause my waters always pristine hope someone else can help you as you have a bit of a chip.

Yes it's worth treating or your fish will die.

Seems like the article covers it - all depends if one eye or two. If one eye (no redness from bacterial infection) then perhaps injury or attacked.

Epsom salts is the only one I can think of. I don't know of any meds that would otherwise draw the eye back in.

If bacterial infection then medicated fish food antibiotics may save it.

In that order:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
7.8 pH
Less than 5 ppm nitrate
79 F

More info:
38 gallon tank
400 gph filtering

I haven't had that guy for that long (one week or so) so don't be so hasty to blame my water conditions. I run a tight ship and nobody else has any problems.

Is it worth treating?

ph is high,temp is high for cories.Is it the problem,probably not?
Might want to mention you just got fish last week next time so the help you get can explain that poor water may have been what the fish was KEPT in before you?? Most links say "by the time symptom shows" means to me the fish was on the decline before you got it...If not injury bacterial infections have a 'onset' time and usually the pop eye is one of the last things to show before the fish passes.There should have been some other indicators/symptoms...How do your other fish look?
Cories really don't like 'salts' so the regular treatment is harder on them,be it epsom ,or medicine..
Stress never helps any fish.Cories really need to kept in groups of 4++...

Thanks for the help. Everybody else looks good. I have a bunch of other cories.

Back
Top Bottom