Panda family photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whats the difference between false n true juili how would you tell the diff?

The difference between the species is in the spotting on the head: C.julii has distinct individual spotting, whereas C. trilineatus has reticulated lines. C.julii has its origin in Brazil whereas C. trilineatus comes from Peru or Ecuador. Most commercial fish trade pulls from the trilleanatus aka three lined cory territory. That is why it is more available.

the corydoras in question here is actually a color variant of C. schultzi, called C. schultzi "black". it was discovered over a decade ago through breeding, and it is being mass produced. thus, it is not rare (assuming a fish is rare when it is wild-caught and the supply is sparse).

source

Actually its an aeneus black cory. And it's rare where I live because no fish shops in my county have them.

Very sad news. One of my 4 red sail fin Cory's died this morning. Babies are hard to keep alive. Started with 6 now 3. ;(

Attachments

• image-1921075873.jpg
    image-1921075873.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 82
Got 2 new ones, now 3 red sail fin and these 2 look like camo not sure which species

Attachments

• image-4283984618.jpg
    image-4283984618.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1695745197.jpg
    image-1695745197.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 85
@magic The red sail fin babies are RED then turn white, have a "deer in headlight look" then die. No one can figure out why?...

Just when I thought I was getting good, (ok, just less grossed out), at squishing snails and removing snail eggs from the aquarium glass… I went to scrub off what I thought was more snail eggs but when I touched them they felt …rubbery!

More cory babies on the way perhaps?

Mary

Attachments

• image-2733472345.jpg
    image-2733472345.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 73
Just when I thought I was getting good, (ok, just less grossed out), at squishing snails and removing snail eggs from the aquarium glass… I went to scrub off what I thought was more snail eggs but when I touched them they felt …rubbery!

More cory babies on the way perhaps?

Mary

Looks like it awww congrats :)

I want babies !!! I have 8 Cory's there should be male female mix.... Will they interbreed? Albino with Sterbi? Black with Red?

Back
Top Bottom