Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my new smart ATO from AutoAqua installed and very impressed how small, simple, and fail-proof it is. Still thinking on a box to build to put my 5 gallon bucket water reservoir in to make it look appealing. All the fish and livestock are doing great! Here's some pics of my new ATO...why did I wait so long to get this!

nDgl2Sp.jpg

HwVdEQY.jpg

QLYWpxX.jpg

TQAWEV6.jpg

Well all is well. The new ATO is working great and the orchid Dottyback is too. Everyone is getting along great. I cut some drags and added some more sand to make my bed a little deeper. Used figi pink to add a little more coarseness to my fine sugar sand. Here's a few pics I took the other day with my cell.

cOndFLn.jpg
CZnVID5.jpg
HLdZ9tm.jpg
QUO94qk.jpg

Looking great as usual paul, i love that scallop. Im thinking of getting one myself.

Looking great as usual paul, i love that scallop. Im thinking of getting one myself.
Thanks man. Sorry for such long delay, I've been out of town working and haven't seen my tank in over a week! I hate being away from it. If you do get a flame scallop spend the extra $5 or whatever and get an electric flame scallop like mine. Its so cool to watch the electric bolts run through their tissue!

Thanks man. Sorry for such long delay, I've been out of town working and haven't seen my tank in over a week! I hate being away from it. If you do get a flame scallop spend the extra $5 or whatever and get an electric flame scallop like mine. Its so cool to watch the electric bolts run through their tissue!

I for sure can't get over that tank (y)
now if I could only get my ATO to work right
think if I raise it 6 inch above the sump I might just get it working right , this is the first ATO I've seen with no pump it's vacuum fed
did you get zapped putting in the scallop

No problem on the delay man, thanks for the heafs up on the scallop. Ill definately get an electric one if i end up getting one at all. I understand the tank sickness when your gone, im leaving for a week in a couple months and im already worrying about it!

I for sure can't get over that tank (y)
now if I could only get my ATO to work right
think if I raise it 6 inch above the sump I might just get it working right , this is the first ATO I've seen with no pump it's vacuum fed
did you get zapped putting in the scallop

Thanks! Never seen the vacuum fed ones. Sounds interesting though! Nah, the scallop never zapped me. I've actually handled it a couple times. Never really thought the electricity was strong enough to actually zap anything though. They can however clamp down very fast and that could possibly slice you if it clamped on your right probably.

It's been a while!

Seems as though I have abandoned AA for a while! Sorry guys. The tank is doing great. Charging up camera now to share some pics, maybe a video too.

New Video!

New video of my tank is now up on YouTube. Sorry for reflections and unsteadiness here and there, but tell me what you guys think.
FishTank2014 - YouTube

Last edited:
Wowzers that's a colorful tank! Nice work man!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Moved some rock around on my scale to get a little more room for my growing frogspawn. A very risky job indeed, but I think I pulled it off. Also got a pic of my new leptastrea frag, hope it does well!
90ICF7o.jpg

ALbchNg.jpg

CqKFlu5.jpg

I love your tank paul, nice looking frag!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Took the leptastrea off of the frag plug and put it on rockwork. Hopefully its happy here. If not it can be easily moved to another location. Maybe too much light but its about mid in the tank. I read some like high light, some like shade. I guess I'll just have to figure it out.

dO30FKn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom