Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "re-plumbing" job went well last night. Everything is running smoothly. Now I have to build a bracket for my media reactor and get it up and running. Gonna give this rowa-phos a try for the first time on this new tank. I am also going to drop my chysus wrasse off to a buddy of mines today. (been trying to catch him for a LONG time now, it was still a challenge with an empty tank besides sand) Now I am left with the fun part of rescaping all of this rock and coral to something that makes me happy.... oh boy! Oh, and I forgot to mention that everything in the new tank is looking very good this morning. Pretty much all of the corals are open which is surprising. Even the blue sympodium is open and it will stay closed a day sometimes if you nudge it. So here are so photos of what I've got going on now, along with a NEW FTS! (literally slapped together)

FTS
X8ipbvB.jpg

9Vp3fzI.jpg

6jtWO4Q.jpg

KazI0CG.jpg

bn9iWiU.jpg

ZCRFN7x.jpg

The "re-plumbing" job went well last night. Everything is running smoothly. Now I have to build a bracket for my media reactor and get it up and running. Gonna give this rowa-phos a try for the first time on this new tank. I am also going to drop my chysus wrasse off to a buddy of mines today. (been trying to catch him for a LONG time now, it was still a challenge with an empty tank besides sand) Now I am left with the fun part of rescaping all of this rock and coral to something that makes me happy.... oh boy! Oh, and I forgot to mention that everything in the new tank is looking very good this morning. Pretty much all of the corals are open which is surprising. Even the blue sympodium is open and it will stay closed a day sometimes if you nudge it. So here are so photos of what I've got going on now, along with a NEW FTS! (literally slapped together)

FTS
X8ipbvB.jpg

9Vp3fzI.jpg

6jtWO4Q.jpg

KazI0CG.jpg

bn9iWiU.jpg

ZCRFN7x.jpg

Wow, how did I miss this. Tank looks awesome already Paul, can't wait to see what you do with it over the next couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Great job for "slapped together" - don't ya love when it comes out pretty darn good even if you have a little emergency to deal with. Looks good for the fast work. I could only hope mine would look that good with weeks of work, lol!

Thanks everyone! I traded my wrasse and some zoas in today for my first acro drag and a rainfordi goby! I'll post some photos tomorrow. :)

Here is the new Rainfordi Goby and the Acro (ID anyone?).

Rainfordi Goby
JMrvYAg.jpg

Tabling Acro
5Y9EE4w.jpg

o7OQgDa.jpg

Oh yea, I also found out that the galaxea coral I got rid of is not gone for good I don't guess. Found this on a nearby rock after the transition!

nlGNae4.jpg

Thanks Mac! This re-rockscape is proving to be extremely difficult and frustratingly. Doesn't help when your a perfectionist and all the rocked already have coral grown onto them.... :facepalm:

Got 15 more pounds of sand to add to the tank. Just doesn't seem like it was enough to me. Still not happy with the rock scape yet but here is what I put together yesterday. Not gonna mount all those zoas untill the rock is where its going. Still have my work cut on on this one if I can find the time.

The rocks look great. Just leave it as is.

Thanks man, but if you know me thats not gonna happen! Its close, but no cigar. I gotta tweek it a bit more before I'm satisfied. Also gonna prune some of these green bay packer zoas out. These things really started to take over on me in the 38. I like them but not so much that I want it killing the ones I like more. They practically wipes out my for and ice which I prefer over them anyways.

Finally got the media reactor installed and running rowaphos. Also got the smartwave controller hooked up and going as well. All is going good so far. This is my first time using rowaphos. I like that you don't have to rinse it and it doesn't take as much unless I was just measuring it wrong with the BRS standard GFO.

BVewuww.jpg

Beautiful new specimens you got there!

Wow I can't believe I was missing out on this thread! The new tank looks stunning Paul, lots of room for new corals :D

I'd leave the rocks like they are too , maybe add a ledge over the open section , makes more room for coral and ledges look neat , and fish love swimming under them

Back
Top Bottom