Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my water tested for copper the other day and it came back undetectable. I did notice that i have been using a little more GFO than I should which could be a potential problem. Wasnt sure with using the new high capacity type. I am continuing the cuprisorb as well adding purigen yesterday. Most of my coral is looking better though except 2 types of zoas and they are probably my least favorite. Ill test my params when i get back from Alabama. Hopfully things are in good shape and I can add that gold torch.

Just got back home yesterday from working out of town. I found my coral looking better and an empty shell where my clam used to be. Not sure what caused its death yet, but I'm surprised that is made it back when alot of my SPS's where dying off. Here are a few photos of that new torch and my dottyback peeking out. I will be picking up that nice gold torch very soon hopefully.

6QGVP6l.jpg

qRns4KA.jpg

tck7c8O.jpg

Tgv28Y3.jpg

Really sorry to hear about the clam man :(. Glad to see everything else seems to be doing ok

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I picked up my gold torch the other day. My buddy's (lfs owner) died along with another and the 2 remaining ones where looking bad. I ended up fragging it yesterday because it was loosing flesh quick. I dipped in in seachem coral dip after the fragging. It does look better today which makes me hopeful. I really really wanted this coral and thats why i went ahead with the purchase dispite the way it was looking and the 2 deaths. I think it could have been brown jelly disease. I did see some sort or brownish discharge. Pics up soon.

Well the torch is back to looking rough again this morning. Thanks though Hank. There are some nice hammers that i have been eyeing as well.

Well the gold torch is a goner. Continued losing tissue until it was just a skeleton. I dont think any of the 4 ordered made it. Oh well. Ill probably try again if another becomes available. Bummer though for sure.

Did the torch have a larger base (1.5 to 2 inches)? I have never had any luck with the larger based torches. Not sure why they die out. I lost one myself that i bought from a local guy. Sorry for the loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like they just didn't ship well. Sorry about the loss Paul. Hopefully you can find another healthier one sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I do belive it was shipping as well bribo or possibly too much bayer in that tank. He dips everything in bayer and shrimp wont live in that tank. All the coral, especially euphyllias, look great i. That tank though. None of the 4 gold torches made it. I did pick up a browned put purple bonsai today though for real cheap. I seen it back when it came in, the colors where very very nice. Now not so much. My old one was alot bigger and i really miss it. Lets see if i can't get it back. Ill try to get a photo up soon.

Did the torch have a larger base (1.5 to 2 inches)? I have never had any luck with the larger based torches. Not sure why they die out. I lost one myself that i bought from a local guy. Sorry for the loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

About 1.5x2" base. It was two heads though. My other torch has a larger base as a single head and is loving life though.

Here are some photos of the new bonsai. Like I said, it was browning out a bit. Thats why i got it cheap. But it was nice when they got it in. I think it was a lighting issue. Also updated FTS. Moved the single torch back over to other side and put my sarmentosa back into very strong light, where it seemed to keep those nice pink tips.

XRjGUxe.jpg

LGdaMQk.jpg

DhJbY2E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom