Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice job , I'm all thumbs not one corner would match and would defiantly be out of square if I did that , now if I could do that I'd be wall to wall tanks .

It's a 1/32" out of square, take it apart and do it again :p what are the dimensions? Whats going in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
It may actually be! But it passed the leak test today. It'll only have about 2" of water in it. It's 24"W x 11"D x 16"T. Basically a 20 tall but 11" deep instead of 12". Makes for a nice fit under my 20 long in a shelf.
nice job , I'm all thumbs not one corner would match and would defiantly be out of square if I did that , now if I could do that I'd be wall to wall tanks .
LOL. It's easier than you may think. The tricky part is getting the silicone to look good!
Rimless vivarium for frogs?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Bingo! It will be fully covered, but frameless. These vivariums are really fun!

The " tincs" are sooo cool ,...and beautiful !!! Of course there's nothing wrong with the leucs either ....it's a win either way!

LOL. It's easier than you may think. The tricky part is getting the silicone to look good!

see that's my problem when it comes to silicone I'm a slob it goes every where but where it needs to go.:facepalm::lol:

Nice tank you built there. I've always wanted to try building one but haven't worked up the nerve yet. I would like to build a frag tank and start fragging my corals.

I was going back on memory lane and came across this I thought everyone would enjoy the magic of time
60069-albums14430-picture69290.jpg

Sept 2015

61345-albums14281-picture69231.jpg

Sept 2016

61345-albums14281-picture70587.jpg

Now I must find your most recent don't you love time laps(y)

Save

I was looking at old pictures of my tank the other day and it was amazing to see how things have changed ,..some for the better and some for the worse

You could do a pair of tincs! Or a group of leucs

The " tincs" are sooo cool ,...and beautiful !!! Of course there's nothing wrong with the leucs either ....it's a win either way!

I think I'm actually going for Oophaga pumilio in this one. Either strawberry bluejeans or punta laurels. We shall see. The new viv is establishing some roots.
MOawdYy.jpg

Not familiar with those ,..but I'm thinking one day about starting up another viv ,..geez thanks Paul ! :-/

Update on the reef tank. The orange spotted blenny did not make it. He wouldn't eat anything I tried to feed it and perished quickly. I did end up getting a two spot signal goby. First try at a sand sifting goby. So far he's pretty cool and have considered this species in the past. My millipora got RTN and died. I replaced it with a good size "brownie" acro colony. I also picked up 2 NPS gorgs, a frag of Zoas, and a nice micro lord. Here's some photos of all the new stuff. The orange gorg got moved in a different location since I took these.

xSmnzgI.jpg

WF5MPwG.jpg

KpJLSMa.jpg

p1TNFL5.jpg

4XX5B0E.jpg

I think I'm actually going for Oophaga pumilio in this one. Either strawberry bluejeans or punta laurels. We shall see. The new viv is establishing some roots.

MOawdYy.jpg

Ooh one of my favorite little frogs! The strawberry blue jeans morph is just gorgeous. Wish they weren't so tiny though! I've heard those guys can be tough. Gorgeous frogs

Ooh one of my favorite little frogs! The strawberry blue jeans morph is just gorgeous. Wish they weren't so tiny though! I've heard those guys can be tough. Gorgeous frogs
Yep, I'm think I'm up for the challenge. Gonna wait a little while longer though.

the colors are intense and always makes me drool , between the choice of all the corals and how things were strategically placed giving that vibrant look , now that planted tank is totally off the charts the choice of plants just got my blood pumping , I'm just blown away from your never ending talents, I want both in my living room :D

Your tank is always so beautiful. One day I'll build a take as pretty as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom